Confessions of a Mad Fat Pastor’s Wife – Trader Joe’s and Dignity
I was driving to Trader Joe’s yesterday. If you know me, you know that TJ’s is my happy place.
Except on a weekend. Or holiday. Or any time that isn’t 8am because it is too dang busy.
But still, mad mad love for my TJ’s.
In fact, here is a list of some of my very favorite current TJ’s loves.
1. Cauliflower rice. Mixed this in with our chicken fried rice, and my family couldn’t tell. Yes Lord, for hidden veggies.
2. Lemon olive oil. Add salt and pepper and you have the easiest salad dressing.
3. Raw fermented sauerkraut with persian pickles. Grill your favorite smoked sausage, slice in half, top with a drizzle of mustard and this, nirvana, my friends.
4. Organic Kettle Chips. The best chip that makes me feel the least amount of guilt when packing a school lunch.
5. Nectarines. These last about a minute at our house.
6. Gluten Free sandwich bread. We toast this for the occasional sandwich, and this makes a phenom homemade crouton.
7. Bacon Cheddar Popcorn. What? Yeah. Sneak this into your next movie, but not Regal since they gonna search you now.
8. Truffle Marcona Almonds. Dead.
9. Broccoli Bites. You can see how I eat them over on Instagram.
10. Raw milk Smoked Cheddar. So good.
Now.. I didn’t start this post intending to list my faves. I actually wrote this blog post on my way. In my head. But alas, I got distracted and wanted to tell you about ALL.THE.WONDERFUL.THINGS.
With that being said, knowing full well you will purchase these delightful items(grin), I can carry on.
There was a bible verse running through my head while I was driving.
It is definitely a woman’s verse, right?
And, I was pondering how this woman would act. In the days this was written, women truly were covered from head to toe, culturally. Imagine with me then, being spiritually covered, from the top of our sweet head to the tip of our (pedicured or not) toes with His strength and His dignity.
It hit me like a ton of bricks that I don’t typically walk this way. My head hangs low, even if you can’t tell. My feet stumble with insecurity. There isn’t much joy when I get my head in this murky space.
I needed His revelation yesterday. I needed to be reminded that when I walk with Him, I am clothed completely.
There is no shame. There is no fear. And there is lots of joy.
Dignity cancels out shame. Strength cancels out fear. Mind blown.
So, I said this aloud to myself before I got out of my car. Sans makeup. Messy bun. Wrinkled t-shirt. Fluffy body. I said… I am steady and grounded with the weight of His strength in me. And His dignity on me.
Come On! Isn’t that good????
You see.. I struggle with shame and fear and feeling worthy of dignity. Every day.
I sure do.
I am a Lead Pastor’s wife of a growing, thriving church and I don’t have it all together. Aren’t you so glad?
I sure am.
We are trying to create a space where perfection isn’t the thing, and messy people are loved to wholeness in Jesus’ name. And the pastor and his wife are right in there with everyone. And when that pastor’s wife has a revelation, sharing it with you is the first thing she wants to do. Because if it helped me, I know it has to help another woman who walks with uncertainty and shame and fear, and without joy.
I don’t want that for you, or me.
Girls.. We are steady and grounded with the weight of His strength in Us. And His dignity on Us.
Get it, girls.
And also, go to Trader Joe’s for all the things. 😉